Original topic:

Text Suggestions/Predictions no longer work accurately after recent OneUI update

(Topic created: 06-06-2024 10:08 PM)
Options
Galaxy S22
Before anyone makes the suggestion, i have checked all related settings, making sure they are turned on i.e.. Smart Typing, Text Predictions, Spelling Corrections etc... i have never changed them. However, After this new update, which introduced the Advance Intelligence features, my phone no longer offers accurate text spelling suggestions above the keyboard when i am typing. 50% of the words offered above the keyboard do not match the word i am typing. I have to hit the space bar then go back and click the incorrect word again in order for the spelling suggestion to kick in and show the correct spelled word that i can select above my keyboard. The Samsung phone keyboard letters are not spaced adequately and i always catch incorrect letters, mispelled words when typing so i rely on the Text Word Suggestions HEAVILY on Samsung phones for this especially for when spaces dont register but the text prediction will always come in clutch and offer the correct words and spacing that i can select to replace my typing. This has always been Samsung's weakness; keyboard design, never had that problem with other manufacturers. 

Anyway i have reviewed ALL the settings and even tried enabled the new Advance Intelligence amd Writing Assist features but that does not make a difference..

Something has changed. I did notice that the "Suggest Text Corrections" says powered by Grammarly. Has this always been the case? Or did the algorithm change for that 3rd party service? 

I cant be the only one who has noticed this bug as there are millions of galaxy phone owners out there. I have noticed this happens more so on other apps rather than stock apps like Messages. And yes, i have the apps enabled for the Text Predictions. 

This is providing the worse possible experience for me rightnow as typing is extremely cumbersome and tedious. Samsung please look into this as this is not something i have caused but was introduced after the newest update. I have also duplicated this on another friend's phone who also has a galaxy as well.
3 Replies
lpann2024
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same issue new phone did update upon activation
0 Likes
Lesley418
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same here! Mine is making up words I didn't type. I correctly typed 'his' and my phone changed it to fifteen! It just keeps making up words and adding random letters and numbers.  It just started after the most recent update

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah, i had to turn off "Autoreplace" so it wouldnt continue to put nonsense words. But now even the suggestions don't match half the time or the suggestion area doesnt even show suggestive words above the keyboard, just the side arrow at times. I'm hoping to see an update soon so that this gets fixed
0 Likes