JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The App That Won't Stop

(Topic created: 09-12-2022 03:52 PM)
JannyPoo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there!  I have a T-Mobile transparent app stuck on my screen that I see even if everything is black.  It has some sort of shield it seems as it's logo.  

You can move it around your screen, but you cannot move it to other pages, you cannot delete it, and you cannot open it. It's just hanging out on my screen uninvited, 😂haha! 

Has anyone ever run into this before? If so, how can I politely kick this app outta my home screen? 

I have never seen anything like this before. But, then again, I was using :red_apple: for about 5 years but finally came back to where I belong, Samsung Droid S22 Ultra. 

I will attach a screenshot of it. I believe it is sitting right on the Google widget, I can't remember... 

Thanks in advance! Who wants to be a hero today and save my OCD, 😂😂😂, LOL,! 

JANIS

7 Replies
O4liberty
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
I believe it's T-Mobiles security app
Radio204detroit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Hi Janny! I'm not sure how it ended up on your home screen either. Try tapping and holding and see if a menu pops up that will allow you to remove it. Again tap and HOLD for a few seconds.
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
My recommendation... establish a Chat with T-Mobile support , so you can send the screenshot

Or, call them and let them know you have a screenshot available.....

Or, if you have one close by, go to a T-Mobile store
Solution
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Looks like McAfee (reputable security app, so doesn't seem like a virus) search for that in your apps. If you find it go to the app's settings, and see if there's something to do with "pop up"
If no luck try the text method.

Go to settings > accessibility > advanced settings. See if it's toggled on as the "accessibility button"

Also, cool home screen setup/theme
JannyPoo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

THANK YOU SO MUCH to all of y'all! I'm going to try what @tom2055 said and if it works Yayyyyy! If not, I will try everything else y'all suggested. Again, thank you so much! This has been bugging the  out of me all day and driving my OCD crazy!

0 Likes
JannyPoo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Wowzas! @tom2055 that was a FAST FIX! IT'S GONE! I have no idea how that got toggled on, but I sure am elated to see it go away! Awesome! ThankYa! Have a great week, y'all! I'll be working on launching my website, yipeeeeeee! 🤷‍:female_sign:😂
0 Likes
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
If you have a T-Mobile store that is a Device Service Experience store meaning that they repair Samsung phones, ask for one of their Assurant Techs to take a look at the phone.
0 Likes