JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The new RECENT Album in Gallery has ALL my photos and videos duplicated

(Topic created: 11-10-2022 01:27 PM)
Mack50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

The last update added a Recent and Favorites Album in Gallery. The Recent Album has duplicates of EVERY photo and video on the phone. How is that a Recent Album?  Also my main question about this new Recent Album is, does this Album just LINK the photos in the other Albums or are they actual duplicates that now doubles the size of the photos and videos on this phone?

I also see another potential problem of people not wanting an Album with duplicates of ALL their photos and videos and decide to delete the photos from the Recent Album without knowing that this action will delete ALL the photos and videos on their phone.  Can you imagine the uproar this will create from all those people that lose everything in their Gallery?

5 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Go into the gallery settings and turn off "select albums to show".
someguy_z
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you notice if your videos and photos storage doubled (or more).
My wife's phone had added images to her phone from 2017.
Rbec
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm having the same problem and its wreaking havoc on my storage limits!!  And if I delete any photo from this RECENT album, it also deletes it from my Camera album, so the photo is totally gone. 

Absolut1069
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Note 20 Ultra, just updated to Android 13 OneUI 5.0 and having the same issue with the recent album and its doubled all video and photos killing storage. If you hide it, the photos and storage stay. I hope they do something to fix this issue.
Solution
Mack50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I finally was able to talk with a Samsung agent.  She said the Recent Folder does not add to the used storage space of your phone (not sure if that's correct but that's what she said.  She also said that since the Recent folder is a new addition to the Gallery, it assumes all photos and videos in Gallery are NEW.  I'm still not sure what the Recent folder is supposed to do.  All my "recent" photos/vids. are the first to be listed in my Camera folder so I know they are recent.  The Recent folder does exactly the same thing.  Two folders with the same photos/videos that do the same thing.  Samsung engineers really goofed on this one.  I just hope it's true that the folder doesn't take up double the space on my phone.  AND THE FACT THAT DELETING THE PHOTOS FROM YOUR RECENT FOLDER ALSO DELETES THEM FROM YOUR CAMERA FOLDER IS JUST PLAIN STUPID!!!!  Yes, I typed that in capitals hoping that someone from Samsung will actually read it.  Lol... I guess I'm an optimist.