JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Themes not working?

(Topic created: 03-04-2022 06:46 AM)
hikaslesi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I got my s22 tonight and did the whole switch over, no problem. Paid and downloaded a theme, but only half the theme worked? It doesn't show on my dialpad or texts. I tried it with a few other themes, free ones as well as others I've bought in the past. All do not update the dial pad or texts. Is this just because the phone is so new or a glitch? Or do the new phones not support these themes in the dialpad/text apps?

7 Replies
Mäw
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Nice that you received yours. Mine says back ordered.... only my tablet is scheduled to be delivered today later on
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
The theme maker may need to update their theme to work with One UI 4.1; the new firmware the S22 ships with.
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

^ what MochaVex said...

theme issues are often creator side issue. The phone not having been out for long, the themes probably just need some adjustment. 

0 Likes
ChristinaMH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My themes show on everything on my 22 ultra except msgs since it's now Google msgs.
Solution
user65vabt4ECG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

As far as for texts, you have to set your default messenger to Samsung messages instead of Google messages and then the themes show up. 

Cyberfox
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
This is very helpful . Thanks it worked. I got rid of Google messenger and used Samsung instead.
Members_ozdDaOb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

This choice worked for me. Thank you!!!