Original topic:

Thus far the S22 Ultra is doing well.

(Topic created: 05-16-2022 12:52 PM)
kingvirgo85
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Thus far the S22 Ultra is doing well. 👌 I love the cameras, performance and much more... and for those talking bad about the phone, please don't do that. If you don't know how to use a Samsung Galaxy S22 Series then why have it! Once again, S22 Ultra rocks! And is my baby.... 

7 Replies
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Too many people don't have idea of the many things that can be done, customize, connect etc etc with the phone, that sometimes leads to frustration
userln1dLR6oha
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I am glad to hear how much you love the S22 Ultra (your baby) and its performance - there may be hope for mine. Maybe you can help me (and possibly others) who CAN NOT get Google/Chrome "Notifications" to work. Everything is set up mirroring my old Galaxy S9+ (fantastic phone BTW) which receives Chrome Silent Notifications consistently throughout the day. Have tried everything including my "ACCEPT" to Google's persistent messages on S22 Ultra to do accept All their methods of tracking, and 3rd party sharing, etc, hoping it would open some invisible lock on the "Not Receiving Chrome Notifications" issue I am having. Not so. Nothing so far is proving to solve this mystery. I haven't yet attempted to contact a Samsung associate (and be on hold for ions), but am first going to exhaust my own attempts, plus any general assistance. Something so simple and straightforward is proving to be anything but. Not exactly thrilled with the S22 Ultra right now.
0 Likes
MaxwellSmart
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22

Exactly what notifications are you looking to receive? Outside of Active Downloads or Completed Downloads what are you looking for? Personally those are only only 2 notifications I'd ever want or need to receive.

What am I missing? All that's left is Browser, Incognito and Playing Media. What does one need besides those notifications?

Just curious.

userln1dLR6oha
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
You can get Notifications from anywhere you frequent without having to search for new articles/info/etc. - they come right to your Notifications - Mine always showed in "Silent Notifications" so you're not getting interrupted by an audible notice. Say that you have a favorite website that you are always having to go to for new info, having their Notifications sent to you is much easier. I drag down from the top of the screen and any new Notifications are listed. Example: SmartNews - you can pick and choose whatever categories, topics, publishers, individuals, etc that interest you, and get Notifications when there's a new article - no having to keep checking their site because it comes to you as either a Silent or an audible Notification. It's all my Chrome Notifications that for some reason will not show up on the new phone. I hope I explained that clearly - right now I am about done with technology for the day. 🙂
kingvirgo85
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
You might have to hard reset the device. But, if you do that you'll need to put in the same username and password for it to work. You might also have a bug :bug:. But hard resetting it might fix it. To hard reset a device you press the up volume key and hold it with the power button. Turn off the device and hold together the up volume key and power key together for 10 secs. Then release and follow the prompts
userln1dLR6oha
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks. Going to try YouTube first as someone else mentioned.
userln1dLR6oha
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I just discovered this...when I looked at SmartSwitch on new phone, it showed all the apps transferred from old phone...Except for "Chrome". It's on the new phone but just doesn't show up in the "transferred apps" as all the others do. Will research more on that tomorrow - I am done with these phones today! 🙂
0 Likes