Original topic:

To be able to go back to an older version UI update

(Topic created: 11-13-2022 03:04 AM)
Suggestionsguy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
In my opinion, this is a big feature that Samsung should add. Now the feature should be called reversing back to UI 
So this feature is Technically Could only be on newer Androids
It's where you can go into the settings and Change or go back 
to the UI that you want. For an example, UI 4.0 2021 or an older version Of UI (: 
Please, Samsung add this feature. I would love to go back on 4.0 UI. I'm not really liking the new update that you guys pushed out for the S22 /: UI 5.0 Android 13

4 Replies
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Hmm my phone is practically the same and the minor differences are like icon material theming and some layouts changed. What's the difference you don't like? Lol I mean besides the kinda buggy release.

I don't think they can make "a way back to an older version" but they could certainly say "add a theming layouts of the now up to the past".

Or you could literally possibly install factory Rom install the old software and only update the inner apps to the last release you want. And disable the system updates.
Lrock
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
it would get more and more broken as its code gets deprecated and replaced to the point of eventually being non functional.
otherwise theyd have to assign an entire dev team to each UI to keep it from breaking at every new update, but it probably still would because itd have to be a kludgy mess
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Somewhat true if you're updating the system and wanting to use old code of UI 4. But I guess the other idea is "theme and layout that can swap between" that could be an option to make it look like such while being up to date. Since that person wants "say a UI difference" a way to change the launcher? Lol
0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
it's all down to whether he's more interested in form or function. i assumed function because as you say, form is easily altered via theming and layouts.
0 Likes