JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trouble installing apps

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userb5iOP42ZKs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
When I deleted a app I had on my phone for being glitchy and tried to reinstall it, it said there was a existing app and I had to delete that before I reinstall it but it wasn't even there so I can't install it. HELP!!!
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when an app won't download! 

I would suggest clearing the cache of the Play Store as well as the device, by following these steps!

Open the Settings app
Tap Apps & notifications or Apps
Find and tap the Google Play Store app
Tap Storage
Tap Clear Cache
Tap Clear data
Reopen the Google Play Store 

And you can clear the cache of the device itself by following these steps:

Power off your device 
Enter recovery mode 
Different devices have different ways to enter recovery mode, so you might need to try a few different combinations. For example, you might try pressing and holding the Volume up + power button, Volume up + home + power button, or Volume down + power button. 
Use the volume buttons to navigate to Wipe cache partition 
Press the power button to select Wipe cache partition 
Press the power button to select Reboot system now 

If you do these, and it still will not let you download the app, the next thing I would suggest is to back up your information and try a factory data reset. I hope this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when an app won't download! 

I would suggest clearing the cache of the Play Store as well as the device, by following these steps!

Open the Settings app
Tap Apps & notifications or Apps
Find and tap the Google Play Store app
Tap Storage
Tap Clear Cache
Tap Clear data
Reopen the Google Play Store 

And you can clear the cache of the device itself by following these steps:

Power off your device 
Enter recovery mode 
Different devices have different ways to enter recovery mode, so you might need to try a few different combinations. For example, you might try pressing and holding the Volume up + power button, Volume up + home + power button, or Volume down + power button. 
Use the volume buttons to navigate to Wipe cache partition 
Press the power button to select Wipe cache partition 
Press the power button to select Reboot system now 

If you do these, and it still will not let you download the app, the next thing I would suggest is to back up your information and try a factory data reset. I hope this helps!

0 Likes