Original topic:

Trying to connect my S22 Ultra or S7 tablet to ethernet via USB-C adapter

(Topic created: 06-10-2022 04:20 PM)
Kitkat56
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am trying to connect my S22 Ultra or S7 tablet to ethernet via USB-c adapter. I have tried 2 different ones but because settings will not let me change control of the USB C connection to the device I can't connect. It does show the ethernet configuration notification briefly when I first connect but then disappears and option is grayed out. I took a screen recording. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
NaFCtA1973
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I use the CableMatters brand USB-C To HDMI adapter, from Amazon. When checking Why This adapter Wasn't showing Up, in My More Settings area, I found out You Have to Enable Developers Options, on Your device First, to Let the HDMI option Show up. I've Also found that the Developers Options is No Longer needed, After establishing a HDMI connection to Your TV. Hope this Helps. Works Great for Me! 👍
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I have zero issues with connecting my S22 Ultra to ethernet via a USB-C to ethernet adapter. Don't worry about setting the control to your device, you shouldn't have to do that. You should just plug the ethernet into the adapter then the adapter to the phone and it should automatically configure and switch you to ethernet mode. After plugging it in, have you gone to settings, connections, more connection settings and then ethernet? You shouldn't have to do anything aside from plugging it in but you may have an incompatible adapter. I use this adapter with no issues https://uniaccessories.com/products/usb-c-to-ethernet-adapter
0 Likes