Original topic:

UI 6 turned my phone into a sub par entry level android phone

(Topic created: 12-04-2023 03:38 AM)
AndrewFan1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Since I got the update on my s22 ultra I'm encountering all kinds of glitches. When I record video it randomly skips and lags in video footage, taking pictures also lags out randomly. There are strange notification bar glitches. I had to uninstall Messenger because I got the same notification about a message my wife sent me 14 hours earlier roughly 60 times even though I cleared it and muted it and deleted the message thread. In the notification bar things would overlay where they shouldn't to the point where I couldn't tap a button or dismiss something. Also good lock is completely broken. They're all kinds of missing modules. Settings I have enabled don't do anything for the phone, I've never seen an update executed so poorly. Anyone else having these issues? This is beyond frustrating. These weird glitches are even costing me money that I make on the side doing deliveries because the phones become randomly so unreliable.

18 Replies
chi-chi625
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I can't stop Samsung internet from popping up randomly, so I tried to uninstall it but it still pops up. Now I can't sent text messages.
SingSungSong
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I am having problems too. Swiping from page to page is clunky and not smooth like it was before the update. nav bar and number of fav icons crashes randomly. Biggest issue - NONE of my notifications are going to my Watch 4 (not sure it's related, but certainly coincidental enough).

Let's get these fixed Samsung/Android!
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I had some issues, but was able to fix them by wiping my cache partition and repairing apps from the recovery menu. at a minimum, you should do this after a major OS update.
AndrewFan1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah first thing I did was wipe the cache partition, sadly nothing improved.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
good deal. give your phone some time to settle in with the new OS.
0 Likes
AndrewFan1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh yeah I definitely know it's going to take time to settle in, but this is a little crazy haha I've usually had really good luck/experience with OS updates.
GE3k01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
The struggle is real.. the update burned up my phones interal network wifi antenna.. neither samsung or At&t will cover repairs or replace because it has existing damage to the back glass.. update involuntary cost me $$$.. ill always check future updates on my $1400 phone before installing.
0 Likes
h4p
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I had to install Google phone.....
AndrewFan1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yikes 😬!
0 Likes