JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to Sign In on PC

(Topic created: 09-04-2023 04:58 PM)
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
My S22 security settings prompted me to update my old Samsung password, so I did. I am logged in with the new password on my phone. On my Windows PC under Chrome I was still logged into my account. I logged out so I could sign in with the new password. After entering my email address and clicking Next, the login process immediately takes me to an error screen saying the webpage didn't respond to the request in time. Clicking OK takes me back to the page I started from. I get the same result in Edge browser. How do I break this loop and sign into my account? 

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm curious if you've been able to sign in through your computer. I've had similar problems with other sites having issues when I've remained logged in through my phone (usually through an app) and attempted to change the password through my computer (for a bank, for example). Although it is rare, it's taken a couple of hours for it to update (maybe they have slow servers, maybe they were updating their system, who knows?). Either way, if you haven't been able to log in, I would suggest logging out of your Samsung account on your phone. Select "forgot password" through your computer, and create a new password. Then, you should be able to log into your Samsung account on your phone with this new password. Let me know if this works.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Try clearing the web browser's cache, cookies, and data.
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried clearing browser history including cookies and cache, and separately deleting cookies for the domain, with no change in response. I also tried disabling my pop-up blocker, also to no avail.

Dan
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Correction: I meant I temporarily disabled ad blocking.

Dan
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Hmm very strange. Maybe try an alternate browser like Chrome. I've had problems with signing into certain pages with Chrome lately too. I haven't been able to figure out why, but Chrome works for me.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm curious if you've been able to sign in through your computer. I've had similar problems with other sites having issues when I've remained logged in through my phone (usually through an app) and attempted to change the password through my computer (for a bank, for example). Although it is rare, it's taken a couple of hours for it to update (maybe they have slow servers, maybe they were updating their system, who knows?). Either way, if you haven't been able to log in, I would suggest logging out of your Samsung account on your phone. Select "forgot password" through your computer, and create a new password. Then, you should be able to log into your Samsung account on your phone with this new password. Let me know if this works.
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

I thought about using "forgot password" but I don't think it works with Samsung. There is no option for that until after entering my email address, which is where I'm getting stuck. However, this suggestion got me thinking and exploring -- I was able to sign in on my PC using the QR code authentication and my signed-in phone. Thanks for getting me onto that track.

Dan

Dan