JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to carrier unlock my S22 Ultra T-Mobile phone

(Topic created: 04-19-2022 03:35 PM)
GirishVS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Brought s22 ultra tmobile phone from Samsung paying full amount. Now after completing 40 days trying to carrier unlocking, tmobile saying they don't have any information on this phone and to contact Samsung. Samsung says it's tmobile device so they need to unlock. Really frustrated bouncing from tmobile to Samsung. Any help how to get this resolved?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GirishVS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Finally this was resolved through t-mobile Twitter and Facebook support. Thank you

View solution in context

7 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
That's the only way you'll get this resolved. I know it is a bummer being stuck between two corporations pointing the finger at each other while you're just trying to get a simple fix to unlocking the phone.

Never buy a carrier based phone. Always unlocked, that way you can change to any carrier you please when needed or wanting that.
0 Likes
Spyderwx7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
You have to push hard on the T-Mobile people, they are the ones that can solve your problem. Next time is better for you to buy the unlocked version.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Send it back.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Had to trade in my husband's phone at a loss because we fought with T-Mobile to unlock a phone we purchased out-right from BestBuy and they never did unlock it for us. Only way we found was to get rid of it. If you buy from anyone other than T-Mobile, they claim it isn't in their system and they can't verify it to unlock it. There really should be a class action lawsuit for this. We don't have time nor the energy for them so we left T-Mobile and will never go back
Georgia2004
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Not sure if you are aware but local device repair service will Sim unlocked a device for a fee, just visit Craigslist and under mobile service I am sure there someone in your area that would have unlocked your device for a small fee, this way you could skip the headache
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Contact T-Mobile support on Twitter to request the unlock. They should ask for your IMEI number so they can register it with T-Mobile network and then unlock it. It should take 3 business days to take affect after they unlock the IMEI.
Solution
GirishVS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Finally this was resolved through t-mobile Twitter and Facebook support. Thank you