Original topic:

Unable to stream on Wi-Fi

(Topic created: 11-29-2022 01:34 PM)
Faeryll
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I rarely try to use mobile data when I am not connected to Wi-Fi.  I have a one gig mobile plan with further payment for each extra gig. For the past five months, it has detected 3-4g usage, when there should be no way I've used that much. I never download anything outside Wi-Fi.

Today, I turned data off to see what would happen while using Wi-Fi. I learned that I cannot do streaming at all. I tried Hulu, Netflix, Pluto and even Amazon Prime. Web pages run very slow to load, going so far as to freeze up completely after I press a button or link. Non-streaming video are slow to load, it's choppy and will freeze or I get the spinning wheel of death for minutes at a time.

No other device on the network have any issues. I keep doing speed tests and its never gone lower than 500mbps. I've battled with my provider since it started, but they are adamant about the data usage. Wi-Fi always shows a connection.

The only plausible reason I can think of is that it is the phone. Is there a setting that can cause this? Could there be an app causing this? I have nothing that I know of running in the background.

I checked my two web browser's usage and it does show that whatever it is doing might be a problem. It does show very high mobile data usage on both. Again, I never download without a connected network and try to use apps sparsely outside of one. No apps I used in this manner show any high data use.

Thank you.

7 Replies
Puti
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Run a diagnostic test, using this app
0 Likes
Faeryll
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I am not sure which app you mean.
0 Likes
Faeryll
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Another caveat to this tale is that video voicemail will not work. It says I need to have a cellular connection. So, either I have to pay for the gigs of data used, or not get voicemails. This is getting ridiculous.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
0 Likes
Faeryll
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
For the past three days I've been agressively watching my network. It has never dropped below 500mbps down, 20mbps up. The signal stregth is always excellent. With data off, I am still getting large amounts of data usage. So, it has to be something on the phone.

I tried contacting Samsung and they told me that the ticket only way to continue was to produce screenshots of the freezing videos and sites. I don't understand.

Does anyone still on this thread know of a place I could go to see if they have answers?

Thank you.
0 Likes
communityuser4321
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you still looking for help with your phone ?
0 Likes
Faeryll
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, desperately. Whatever is going on is costing money. Nothing has changed.
0 Likes
communityuser4321
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you tried closing all open apps then open Device Care to optimize your phone, after you optimize it tap done. It'll go back to your options, press Memory then Clean Now. Then try streaming again. If that doesn't work message me back, we'll try something else.
0 Likes