Original topic:

Unable to use RCS Feature

(Topic created: a month ago)
user2QvacF2IR2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Before getting an s22 I was using an older iPhone where I was able to use iMessage with all of my friends who have iPhones. Before the iPhone I had an S10 that I could use RCS with all of my friends who has androids and google messages. I now have the latest Samsung Galaxy the s22 and for some reason I cannot use RCS with my other friends that are using Google messages even though my carrier allows it now (for maybe 2 months now) and I've updated to the latest app.

This is extremely frustrating because RCS was one of my motivating factors for going back to android in the first place and to find out it's no longer a universal feature is disappointing.

Is anyone else having this same issue or have a fix?

15 Replies
The Burg
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
So you had an S10 on which you used RCS, then you gave up RCS when you switched to the iPhone, which you apparently didnt like so you came back to Android and now you have an S22 that you can't use RCS with...but your carrier implemented RCS only two months ago... so this is your 3rd phone in two months? Just trying to figure out the timeline.
user2QvacF2IR2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I got the bought S10 when it came out in 2019 but lost it due to an accident in 2021 (fully paid for) so I switched to my old iPhone until the s22 came out in 2022. Knowing what I know now I would have bought an S10 again, just assumed the latest galaxy would have RCS.

Does the timeline impact the availability of RCS feature?
0 Likes
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the Unlocked S22± with T-Mobile and I don't have any problem.
0 Likes
Badboybubbaz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Doesn’t matter which android u use all do RCS S22 is same. You’d have to go back to IOS if you want all that because Apple hold the ball. 

0 Likes
user2QvacF2IR2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Except for mine got some reason. I literally cannot use RCS with other Android users
0 Likes
Charkatak
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Using Google messages app? Some carrier branded Samsung devices had issues with RCS.

0 Likes
user2QvacF2IR2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah I'm using Google messages on AT&T 'Version messages.android_20221208_01_RC00.phone_samsung_dynamic'
0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@user2QvacF2IR2 

I might be wrong, but I think AT&T might be blocking it in favor of their own advanced messaging offering. It's a possibility. Personally, I'm not too worried about RCS, and I use Textra, which doesn't support it anyway, but has a ton of great features, so I prefer it to Google Messages or Samsung Messages apps.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

0 Likes
Dumbgeniuz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having a similar issue... I have firstnet through AT&T and I personally like the look and features of Google messages over Samsung messager but the issue is when I send a picture to anyone, it's blurry. A Pic that would be approx 800 kb - 900 kb on Samsung messenger would be 50 kb on Google messages at most. It's super annoying cause it says all the features are activated for Google messages
0 Likes