Original topic:

Unable to use face effects in Video editor after One UI 6 update

(Topic created: 01-02-2024 10:05 PM)
Brittanynatasha
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello I have had the newest update and now in video editor it won't let me do face effects such as smoothness on videos how do I fix this or get the old version back?

46 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
When you are in the edit mode in gallery, tap on the four circles on the bottom left to access the object eraser, lasso, face effects, spot color, color mix, and style.
0 Likes
Brittanynatasha
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

The video editor doesn't have it. Photo editor does. Video editor used to have it too

0 Likes
zrex
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you find an answer? The old video editor was way better. Is there a way to go back?
0 Likes
George89
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

That's not the same. Video editor used to have auto movie maker. Highlight video etc. All gone. It just places videoclips next to each other with awful editing options. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Ever since the last couple of updates, the picture quality on my s22 ultra sucks. I hope there's a fix coming. That's why I bought this phone.
Mel111love
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

So it seems the last months samsung update removed the option to edit face in videos. Before the update you could smooth skin, edit jawline and make eyes bigger, ect. 

Why was this option removed and is there a way to get it back???

This is for VIDEO. Photos still has the option to edit face. But im specifically inquiring about why the option has been removed for videos???

MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
@Mel111love, you can try to uninstall the update. I sometimes have been able to this when Samsung rips a feature from an app with an update. Make sure you sync your data FIRST so you don't lose your files! Then try and remove the update.
Mel111love
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

How do i uninstall an update?

MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
@Mel111love, Go to SETTINGS 》APPS》Samsung Video Editor - I'm the upper right hand corner click on the 3 dot menu. If you see 'uninstall updates' click on that. If you don't see it, you can still clear the cache and data but remember to backup your music to SD card or external drive.