Original topic:

Unlocked S22 Ultra 5G Reception Issues on T-Mobile, Verizon

(Topic created: 04-27-2022 08:16 PM)
squishysquishycat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

So I got my s22 unlocked two days ago, and there's been a consistent issue in which it completely drops service. No calls, text, or data. It happens randomly and quite consistently, sometimes multiple times in the span of an hour. Called T-Mobile and they didn't know what it was. The only fix I've seen work on my phone is restricting the phone to 4G LTE in the network settings. I've seen this exact same issue from multiple users across different Samsung related subreddits and online. I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue and resolved it by any chance? Some have said it's hardware issue but different users have gotten replacement handsets and still have the same issue. Like I mention earlier in the post, I was able to fix it by restricting the network to 
4G LTE, but I'm not really happy about a $1300+ flagship handset that I waited for over a month to receive having an issue this ridiculous and annoying.

3 Replies
Marshyboi
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I have Verizon and I'm using an unlocked s22 ultra and I have to reset my networks from time to time. Should become more stable after a few updates
0 Likes
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello how do you reset your network cause I just switched my phone to Verizon network today
0 Likes
brianjsw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue here. Started when Verizon first turned on 5G last year. Have to disable 5G to have stable mobile data. Same issue I had on old S21 Ultra. I think it's a Verizon problem since two different phone models and same symptoms.