Original topic:

Unlocking phone bought from Samsung - T-Mobile

(Topic created: 09-26-2022 02:01 PM)
Options
Galaxy S22

I bought my s22 ultra directly from Samsung carrier locked to T-Mobile 

After asking multiple representatives I finally got a representative that was able to get my phone unlocked. It has been super stressful 
11 Replies
TD_Drew
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Why buy the locked carrier version when you could have brought the unlocked version from Samsung?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I planned on staying with T-Mobile anyways when I bought it months ago

There's a lot of people having the issue I had so I figured I would post and let them know that there are some representatives who can actually help you
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I've done same thing he did but I prefer carrier version of phone because you video call other people directly through the samsung phone dailer using the persons number without having to use Google Duo or any third party video calling app
0 Likes
TD_Drew
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
T-mobile though is one of the more unlocked phone friendly carriers and doesn't withhold features for non carrier branded phones most times. If you want flexibility sometimes it pays to just get the unlocked model if available to not have many hoops to jump through.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Not everyone can afford to pay 1000+ dollars and usually carrier leases are cheaper
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung directly offers a payment plan

I traded in my note 20 ultra (paid 700 on swappa in January 21)
Samsung gave me $800 with a cracked back (they've since changed the requirement with no cracks at all)

With the $200 of preorder bonus I got, a wireless charger and a watch 4 for $520
0 Likes
TD_Drew
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I use to think like you and finally realized it's not cheaper since you are locked into that carriers rates for service for the duration of that lease. How hard is it to save for a phone that comes out at the sametime every year.

How much more do you pay for said cheaper lease when you have to maintain a certain level of service plan?

It's not cheaper as they regain that money from you being locked into a 24 - 36 month lease. They actually make more money off you, and in some causes triple the profit.

I can put money away and entire year for the phone I want as it's comes out the same time every year. Not being locked into a lease also let's me jump when. Carriers have cheaper service deals and leave when they raise their prices.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Most carriers unlock after x amount of days
Verizon is 60
T mobile is 60-90
0 Likes
TonyTypeS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I had the same issue. Called Tmobile to unlock myphone that I bought directly from Samsung. Had my phone for well over a year and phone was paid off the day I bought the phone. Well I had to take a trip overseas and needed to use a different sim. Called Tmobile and they said no worry my phone would be u locked by the time I leave. Well turned out it never did. So I posted on Twitter and someone there actually went through and got my phone unlocked. Unfortunately it was already too late and I was already done with the trip. Wish Samsung and Tmobile had better communicate. But not to self always buy an unlocked phone and not carrier specific version.