JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update Suggestion: Messages - Sent Time

(Topic created: 07-11-2023 07:30 AM)
Mojorising
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

If somebody sends you an SMS message while your phone is off the you will receive it when you turn your phone on.

On all my previous non-samsung phones I have been able to press and hold on the message to bring up the menu and then select 'properties' and one of the displayed properties is 'sent time'

This tells you the actual time that the message was sent which may be hours before it was received.

This is very useful information so you know when you reply if you need to apologise for a late reply.

I have started using my first ever Samsung phone an S22 Ultra and there is no 'sent time' available on SMS messages

Does not matter whether you use the Android Messages App or the Samsung Messages app. Neither has the feature.

I would like to suggest that Samsung consider adding 'sent time' to the properties that can be checked on SMS messages.

In the meantime as a workaround I have tried to install the Xiaomi messaging app which does have this feature but it is not available in Google Playstore (although many Xiaomi apps are available).

So can anyone recommend a messaging app that has this feature?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ChuckL
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Press and hold the text until it changes color. Then touch the 3 dots at top right. Then touch View Details. This Google Messages with AT&T.

View solution in context

5 Replies
ChuckL
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
My A53 using Google Messages seems to have it listed under details.
Mojorising
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for the advice ChuckL

What exact steps are you following to see the Sent Time?

I am not seeing Sent Time when I press and hold on the message for properties.

0 Likes
Solution
ChuckL
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Press and hold the text until it changes color. Then touch the 3 dots at top right. Then touch View Details. This Google Messages with AT&T.
Mojorising
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you ChuckL

You are an Android Champion!

This was driver learning error

On other messaging apps the details option is on the popup menu.

On Google Messages the popup menu lets you do smiley 'reactions'

But the top right menu does give access to the properties including the important 'sent time'

The 'Sent Time' suggestion still stands for Samsung Messages if any developers/product managers are reading since Samsung Messages seem to have left out 'Sent Time' entirely

0 Likes
K_87
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Hi, I know on iPhones (at least the one my husband has) it's possible to use the back of the phone with the gestures options.... I have an s20 fe, I can't find the option to utilize the back of the phone for anything, but personally I think tapping a certain number of times on the back, more than 1 sequence of taps, ideally would make the screen a lot less obnoxious concerning certain available gestures (swiping to take a picture :exclamation_question_mark:I truly don't even
understand how to use that option)

So if it's not already a thing, considering the lack of ports for cables and the buttons being on the same side which is taking a lot of getting used to, I'm not there yet... Utilizing the gigantic back with nothing except the camera at the very top for gestures would be really helpful and make it's seemingly pointless size less pointless
0 Likes