Original topic:

Updates

(Topic created: Wednesday)
usercLMFRetRxI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
So I am still one one ui 5.1, android 13; I've tried just about everything to get a update to go through on my phone when going into security & privacy it shows my last security update was July 1, 2023; but it shows a orange ! Next to it and says to update it; when I hit the button to update it says my phone is up to date I have a galaxy s22 ultra unlocked with tmobile; I bought it unlocked renewed on amazon; I'm just trying to figure out how to get updates through to my phone now
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok getting closer to question would seem it is unlocked which is good question is now the update issue I could find nothing about the orange you said shows when checking so that's a mystery when you goto about phone system information does it show the Google play services and if you tap that does it say up todate or allow updates if showing long tome since that was updated
0 Likes
usercLMFRetRxI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I did recently update Google play services; it showed up under the security and privacy for having a update available, and restarted the device then updated all apps and everything and nothing showed up
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok confused now on how to fix this if the Google play services is update think still in August why won't the ui and monthly update only thing that comes to mind is a soft reset
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Google Play services update had absolutely nothing to do with normal firmware updates.
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I didn't say it did I asked if that was updated or not I would think if it wasn't be another matter with the updates
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22
Does the model number end in U or U1? Carrier devices end in U. If your model number ends in U, it is carrier unlocked. If it still had that carrier's firmware on it, it will always look for that updates to that carrier firmware.
0 Likes
usercLMFRetRxI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It is a u; but no carrier was ever stated when I bought the phone on Amazon just that it was unlocked and renewed;
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Some of those phones are just resold and not really checked
0 Likes
usercLMFRetRxI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I do have the ability to connect to other carriers under connections and more connections -> network operators
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22
To get software updates you will need to refresh your phone to your current carrier's firmware.
0 Likes