Original topic:

Updates

(Topic created: Thursday)
usercLMFRetRxI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
So I am still one one ui 5.1, android 13; I've tried just about everything to get a update to go through on my phone when going into security & privacy it shows my last security update was July 1, 2023; but it shows a orange ! Next to it and says to update it; when I hit the button to update it says my phone is up to date I have a galaxy s22 ultra unlocked with tmobile; I bought it unlocked renewed on amazon; I'm just trying to figure out how to get updates through to my phone now
29 Replies
usercLMFRetRxI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
How do I go about doing that?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to your carrier's local office and ask them to do it. Backup all photos and important information before you do that.
0 Likes
emanuelrv
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
is att phone uncloked if yess you have to put a att simcard on the phone and then gonna update
0 Likes
Munnou
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It's a frustrating issue, and you're not alone in dealing with update problems on unlocked devices. Since you're using a Galaxy S22 Ultra with One UI 5.1 and Android 13, here are a few things to try to get your updates working:

1. Clear Cache of Software Update App:

• Go to Settings > Apps.
    • Tap the three-dot menu and select Show System Apps.
    • Find Software Update, then tap Storage, and clear both cache and data.
    • Restart your phone and check for updates again.
  2. Check Your Network Provider Settings: Sometimes, even unlocked phones rely on the carrier (T-Mobile, in your case) for updates. Try inserting a T-Mobile SIM card (if youā€™re not using one) and check again for updates.

3. Samsung Smart Switch:

• Download Smart Switch on your PC or Mac and connect your phone.
    • Often, Smart Switch will detect if thereā€™s a software update available even when the phone itself doesnā€™t.
  4. Factory Reset: If nothing else works, consider backing up your data and doing a factory reset. This can sometimes resolve update issues, especially on renewed devices.

5. Contact Samsung Support: If the problem persists, it might be worth reaching out to Samsung or T-Mobile to see if they can manually push the update or offer any additional advice.

Hopefully, one of these steps helps! Let us know if youā€™ve had any success or if anyone else has experienced this on their S22 Ultra.

0 Likes
EathanO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I think you may have a carrier unlocked phone rather than just a regular unlocked phone.

If you're confused about the difference, a carrier unlocked phone is bought through a service provider that was later unlocked through whatever methods to allow you to get cell service through other providers.

The model number should tell you if it's a truly unlocked device (I forget what indicates this)

Assuming you have a carrier unlocked device, you'll have to wait for whatever service provider the phone was original locked with to release their own versions of newer software updates
0 Likes
usercLMFRetRxI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Is there a specific way to find out which provider the phone was from?
0 Likes
EathanO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone is factory unlocked. Looks like the model number must end in U1 to know for sure. Just did a quick search and it seems other people would a fix to your problem. https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/t49c10/how_to_guide_ota_and_nonota_firmware_for/SmartSelect_20240926_134812_Settings_1000016227_1727376492.jpg
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
If you are not comfortable going the Odin route to flash the software yourself, there are options. Take your phone to a Ubreakifixit location near you. They can flash the software onto your device.
0 Likes
usercLMFRetRxI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Sadly as of 2 days ago alot of places have no power so I been now just waiting for power restoration all through my town and nearby cities to try to get it working
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
So sorry to hear that.

Good luck
0 Likes