Original topic:

Video messages from iphone are split and show as an audio clip and a photo

(Topic created: 09-08-2022 02:43 PM)
Lulla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Video messages in Google messages sent from iphone are split and show as an audio clip and a photo. Never had this issues with my s9+ which also had Google messages. 
Can't view a video from any iPhone user.
Have tried reinstalling the app. Syncing my Samsung account again. Cleared cache and data and reboot
Nothing has worked.
10 Replies
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

Tell your iPhone friends and family to send you videos, through a 3rd party messenger app, like WhatsApp, Instagram or Facebook Messages. Even if your phone does not split the audio and video, the videos always come out blurry, because iMessage is not compatible for RCS.

0 Likes
Lulla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks. I would like to have the option to view a video in messages like before, even if it is low quality. Sometimes it is just a part of conversation, not something I need to save. But you're advice is helpful and I will remind my friends to so that. Thanks!Screenshot_20220802-181702_Messages_1059_1659478648.jpg
Kristen77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having this same issue. I have been able to see videos with no issues in the past, and now I get videos that are either just a picture with no audio or the picture of the video with the audio below as you have pictured.
user4iO4AWeVkE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm having the same issue with my S22+.  This was never an issue with my S10+.  Please fix.

0 Likes
ChrisP161
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue here. Hopefully someone at Samsung is paying attention and can get this fixed.Screenshot_20220813-133229_Messages_47891_1660411949.jpg
0 Likes
Lulla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have to call them next week that was their response to my complaint online
0 Likes
userpLZLaAOgnk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Please come back here and post what they say! Thank you!

0 Likes
Mrs-Buff
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue with Note 20 Ultra.

0 Likes
tjt63
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having the same issue with my S20. Never had any issues before and I've owed several samsung phones in past.
0 Likes