Original topic:

What are the first things I should do on my s22 ultra?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
NC4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi.  What are the first things I should do on my s22 ultra?   Like changes to make it work better.

Thank you! 

10 Replies
Yamialex224
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Depends if you like themes there are a ton of them in the galaxy store
Dark mode is amazing for battery life
The color pallet got better
NC4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have never had a Samsung phone before,  so I will apologize if my questions might sound "silly" for lack of a better word. 

What are themes?  

What is dark mode and why does it affect the battery life? 

Is there an issue with the battery life?  I thought it was known for a long battery life.

Color palette as in what color your background is or what you type?

Is there anything that I should do to make it work better?

Thank you 

Yamialex224
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Dark mode is betrer for battery life in general. Dark mode makes everything black or gray
Themes change icons, call screen sometimes, the menu
The battery is adaptive meaning it learns your usage
0 Likes
Patriot1776JG
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
If it was me I would go to YouTube and look-up " tricks for S22 Ultra ". This is where I went when I got this phone (S22 Ultra), learned a lot
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
The 1st thing you need to know is that s23 ultra is coming out in less than a month...
LindaK20
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Here are some more thoughts to help you get started. One of the first things I do with a new phone is uninstall or disable apps that came with the phone that I have no intention of using. Themes are purchased in the Samsung Theme Store. You will need to sign in with your Samsung account username and password. Most themes do not work with Dark Mode because it overrides the theme wallpaper and turns it black. Keyboard is affected too. If your phone has a battery protector built in, you can use it to stop your phone at 85% so it doesn't overcharge. This is best if you charge overnight. Color palette is part of the Material You theming and is separate from the Samsung Theme Store. You would pick a wallpaper and then the color palette comes up with several choices based on your wallpaper. All phone batteries degrade over time. Another thing you want to watch for is keeping your storage less full. You need to allow some breathing room for the phone to do its processes. If it is close to full, that will slow down your phone. Clear your cache occasionally for apps that you use a lot. You will find it in Storage for each app under Settings. There are some good articles on the Internet that will give you good advice.
IneedTacos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
The 1st thing you should have done Is call me
0 Likes
NC4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Well I have not done anything yet. So why should I have called you?  😉

0 Likes
DickWheawill
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'd go to the Galaxy Store and download the full Good Lock suite of apps and just have fun customizing the phone. And from the Google Play store download a couple of launchers. Everything is better than the stock Samsung launcher. Find one you like
0 Likes