Original topic:

Whatsapp not working after one UI 5 update

(Topic created: 11-21-2022 07:48 PM)
Nallu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hi Team, 
There seems to be a weird glitch after one UI update.
Whatsapp is not working properly and call is getting disconnected plus the phone is getting stuck.

Thanks

8 Replies
DaleNet
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Have no issue on my S22 Ultra. Have you tried clearing the app cache? If that does not work, try going into recovery and clear the system cache and repair the apps.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you reinstalled it yet?
0 Likes
Nallu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I tried both it is still the same.
I cleared the cache and forced stopped the app once
0 Likes
banduk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am facing the same problem. Whatsapp stopped working after update, it just not open. My whatsapp is in my secure folder.

One Info that  could help developers to understand what's happening is that sometimes the app opens but followed by a ANR saying it just stopped. From this message i can co to the app config and from there i made syre all permissions are eccepted and made a "clear cache + force stop" which hasn't solved the problem.

This is a disaster. 🤦‍

[UPDATE 01]

While the ANR message is showing the whatsapp app appear to run normally in the background (messages are being received, interface updates, etc.) and then crash.

Anything while the ANR is shown appear to result in an app crash; chosing any option or clicking outside the dialog. The present options are:

• App Info
  • Close App
  • Send Feedback

[UPDATE 02]

One weird thing I am also noticing is that every time I open an app that's in the secure folder the quick panel is shown. So the flow to open an app that's in the secure folder is the following:

1. Click in the app icon
  2. Use fingerprint (or any other method)
  3. Slide up the quick panel
  4. Use the app

Saischandra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello @banduk 
Same issue for me on Samsung S22, have you got any update on this issue??  In secure folder its not working its keep on saying 

App Info 
Close App
Send Feedback

Thanks 

0 Likes
Saischandra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I bought Samsung s22 on 30Dec2022 and installed whats app in secure folder now while opening the app its keep on saying 

App Info 
Close App
Send Feedback 

One UI Version  ----  5.0
Android Version  --- 13
Play Store updated on 1July2022
Software is up to date 31Dec2022 

Can anyone pls help me here, any solution for this issue  

0 Likes
jeetendra97
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the same issue after an update to One UI 5 in s20+. Whatsapp not working which is installed inside secure folder. Any update?

0 Likes
daren2007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have samsung galaxy s22 same problem whatsapp stop working I Uninstall an clear cache force stop same problem
0 Likes