Original topic:

When moving photos from gallery to an album, they aren't deleting off gallery

(Topic created: 07-27-2023 09:44 AM)
userVdh3BSnExS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
They delete from Gallery in my S22 when I move to another album, but not my sister's and she has same phone. She ends up with duplicate photos. If she tries to delete from gallery it also deletes from other album. What setting does she need
27 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue here on my S23 Ultra.
PROFASL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

same here! (Same model etc) 

0 Likes
SheCat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here, same model
0 Likes
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Are they trying to move pictures from the "camera" album to another album or are they trying to move it from the "recent" album to another album? If it's the "recent", the "recent" is not really an album it's just letting you view the recent pictures. So when you move something out of the "recent" it does not move because it's still in an album. I hope that makes sense.
userVdh3BSnExS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Camera
userVdh3BSnExS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
When you take the picture and then go to your photos, app, the Picture is in the camera folder. I can Hold my finger down on the photo in the album and select to move to another folder And that happens. Hers copies to another folder even when she selects move. And if she tries to delete the original from the camera folder, it also deletes the other from the other folder. So she always ends up with duplicate photos stored on her phone.
Brianna102080
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have an a53 and the same thing is happening. It moves it to the other folder but then I just have duplicates because it stays in the main gallery...?

userFUzvynp3uO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
But my recent folder has every photo I've ever taken
0 Likes
MTKat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
How long do photos stay in recent? Do they auto delete after a period of time? My Rcent has every photo taken since I bought the phone June 1.