Original topic:

Where is the "Dual camera mode" on the S22?

(Topic created: 11-21-2022 04:41 PM)
ryderse
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Where is the Dual Camera mode? On my old Note 4, I could take a single picture with the front and back camera together. Why is that option still not available? We used this feature a lot and can't believe my Note 9 and now the S22 can't do this. Bring this feature back! 

0 Likes
9 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Probably because 0.1% of people used it, so not business wise to invest engineering effort to continue the functionality
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Interesting... I don't ever recall this feature ... not shocked it was removed
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@ryderse There is now something better. Open the Camera, press More and select Director's cut. You can select which back camera is used along with the front camera. 

0 Likes
ryderse
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I believe that is for videos, not still pics.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22

@ryderse When you play the video, you can click the icon in the corner to grab any frame into a picture. 

0 Likes
ryderse
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It doesn't allow me to take a still during video capture in Directors cut mode. All I have are Stop and Pause buttons.
0 Likes
ChrisJammin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
You might be able to take a still from the video after it has been recorded in the gallery
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22

@ryderse "It doesn't allow me to take a still during video capture..."

Correct. After capturing the video, play the video back. Then you will see the icon which you can click to grab a still (frame) from the video. 

0 Likes
ToxicPoptart
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
They have a new feature called *single take* which will take a picture from all the rear cameras at once. Not sure if it will take one from the front as well
0 Likes