JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

WiFi calling a hidden app

(Topic created: 08-14-2022 07:29 PM)
Joenw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

enabling WiFi calling has always been in either phone settings or settings connections until now.  I have a S22 Ultra and signed up with Mint Mobile.  The Wifi calling button was never found until I finally found it in:  Settings; Apps; special access; change system settings; wifi calling.

That's not where it was with the T-Mobile SIM card when with Tracfone or now, on my other phone, a Note 9.  Has anyone ever found the WiFi enable button there?  It just seems odd and for days I kept telling Mint Mobile I had no WiFi calling.  Any reason its not displaying in the usual places?

Thanks.

Joe

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey there, I hope you're doing well.

This is due to the carrier. If you were to place a T-Mobile Sim card back into the device, you'd see this feature reappear.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey there, I hope you're doing well.

This is due to the carrier. If you were to place a T-Mobile Sim card back into the device, you'd see this feature reappear.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Joenw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks Rydah.  Except both Tracfone and Mint were T-Mobile SIM cards (Tracfone was bought by Verizon and now only uses Verizon SIM cards).  But since then, I discovered an even bigger problem.  On both my phones, S22 Ultra and Note 9, all voice calls go directly to voice mail without ringing, even if parked under a T-Mobile tower.  Mint cannot find a solution and claims it is my phones.  I might accept that if one phone, but both phones?  Next week I'll try a Tello SIM card, again T-Mobile (service with most towers in my area and only service that allowed WiFi calling when with Tracfone).  We'll see how that goes.  This is really annoying.  Both phones worked great with Tracfone until Verizon took over. 

Joe

0 Likes