JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wifi Hotspot connection frequently drops connections when gaming

(Topic created: 06-22-2022 09:51 AM)
user62wC3ohtNR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I recently replaced my S9 with an S22 the past week and I use my phones internet hotspot to connect with my gaming laptop, an Asus Strix, CPU: AMD Ryzen9 5900HX, GPU: RTX3080, but since changing to the S22 my hotspot briefly loses connection in games every 2 minutes or less disconnecting me from games, however, if I connect to the phone Via Bluetooth the connection remains mostly stable but much slower, is there some way to fix this as I never had this problem in years of using my old S9 as a hotspot?

5 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I would think you've had a change in your data plan and/or reached your high-speed limit and your carrier is throttling your connection.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Do you have developer mode on? Make sure you have "WiFi power saving" setting to OFF and set your connection to NOT METERED.
0 Likes
eminded
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Mint mobile is a great service provide, they run off the T-Mobile towers. Also us mobile is a great one too they run off T-Mobile and Verizon towers. I. Currently on mint because it's easier to pay for whole year
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

it is also possible the phone was heating up and so decided to turn off power draining operations to cool down. 

0 Likes
JariKalevi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have same problem. Did you find any solution for this? My current solution is to switch Sim back to my old phone and use it for playing..

0 Likes