JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wifi Hotspot connection frequently drops connections when gaming

(Topic created: 06-21-2022 01:30 PM)
user62wC3ohtNR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I recently replaced my S9 with an S22 the past week and I use my phones internet hotspot to connect with my gaming laptop, an Asus Strix, CPU: AMD Ryzen9 5900HX, GPU: RTX3080, but since changing to the S22 my hotspot briefly loses connection in games every 2 minutes or less disconnecting me from games, however, if I connect to the phone Via Bluetooth the connection remains mostly stable but much slower, is there some way to fix this as I never had this problem in years of using my old S9 as a hotspot?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I would think you've had a change in your data plan and/or reached your high-speed limit and your carrier is throttling your connection.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I would think you've had a change in your data plan and/or reached your high-speed limit and your carrier is throttling your connection.
Options
Galaxy S22
Do you have developer mode on? Make sure you have "WiFi power saving" setting to OFF and set your connection to NOT METERED.
0 Likes
eminded
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Mint mobile is a great service provide, they run off the T-Mobile towers. Also us mobile is a great one too they run off T-Mobile and Verizon towers. I. Currently on mint because it's easier to pay for whole year
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

it is also possible the phone was heating up and so decided to turn off power draining operations to cool down. 

0 Likes
JariKalevi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have same problem. Did you find any solution for this? My current solution is to switch Sim back to my old phone and use it for playing..

0 Likes