JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Will Backed up data be restored after Factory data reset?

(Topic created: 07-04-2022 09:16 PM)
volcano7483
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

If I factory reset my phone and i backed up my data with google and samsung cloud before the reset can I get it back after the factory reset?.

8 Replies
Solution
Wassim
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes you will be able to get most of them back google will show you what you want to back up
0 Likes
volcano7483
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Would I get everything back
0 Likes
Wassim
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes if you backed it up right
0 Likes
volcano7483
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
What is the right way to back it up right
0 Likes
rrga11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to Settings>Samsung Account (top box with your name)>Samsung Cloud

This will take you to the Samsung Cloud app. Select Back up data and select all the data you wish to upload. Wait on the data to be uploaded, and once you are alerted that it has uploaded, you may factory reset your device. Once you go into the setup process, it will ask you if you want to restore your backed up data. Of course if you want to put the same data on the phone, you would select the option to import the saved data.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
If you've backed up your stuff correctly, yes, you should be up and running very quickly. Be sure that you have all your passwords, means of authentication, backup codes, especially for those two accounts (Samsung and Google), so that you don't get trapped in a log in loop where you can't sign into your account, because you can't authenticate on your phone.
Brandywine2457
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My note 8 just started not being able to receive or send pictures or videos in the last week. I've cleaned out all the junk files, game apps I don't use, rebooted my phone,checked the settings verified data is on, I've done all but a factory reset..now what can I do? Anyone else have this problem?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

The most important data on your phone is probably the pictures.  I would make sure that they are additionally backed up to one of the photo storage services like Google or Amazon Photos.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes