JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Withdraw from One UI 5 beta program

(Topic created: 08-07-2022 09:03 PM)
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I recently registered for the beta program and have the download available. However I have not downloaded or installed it. I think that I might not test after all. How do I cancel my registration and eliminate the beta download in system uodates? Thanks.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
notforhire
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
just click on the Beta banner in this app, as if you're trying to register. click on register/enroll, then scroll down to the bottom. the withdraw button is there.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Please don't withdraw! If you do, you won't be able to reenroll.
0 Likes
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I understand that. After I enrolled I just got a bit hesitant to install. Ive read good things about the beta and some not so good things. So I figured I'd just wait for the official version.
Tom6068
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
It's really not a big deal. I knew going in that betas have issues and this version of any UI beta has the most I have ever read or experienced. My only issue is that for now, the Air Command doesn't function. I can use the SPen, but only if I edit something outside of using a format to create something with the AC.

Any cosmetic editor like anything from Good Lock does not function as well as Memory Guardian.

If one has their menus, icons and backgrounds customized, they will lose all of that without being able to change it except for the wallpapers.

I get people want the latest and greatest, but shouldn't focus on the shiny object, rather what using that object entails. There have been several people angered at how the beta messed up their settings, while acting as if that shouldn't happen even though the caveat to using the beta warns of possible problems.
notforhire
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
not true: on Saturday, I enrolled then withdrew a couple hours later. several hours after that I changed my mind and enrolled again. in the beta now.
0 Likes
Kesh2cute
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
What is your device model number eg SM-901U
0 Likes
Solution
notforhire
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
just click on the Beta banner in this app, as if you're trying to register. click on register/enroll, then scroll down to the bottom. the withdraw button is there.
Sellonis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I try and miss out every time, would love to be able to participate... Would take your spot if I could lol!
Screenshot_20220808-084321_Samsung Members.png