Original topic:

blown highlights

(Topic created: 07-02-2022 06:36 PM)
userVOJPT1e8Wt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, 

Is anyone else experiencing issues with blown highlights in S22? I did a shootout today between S20 and S22. Everything else seems fine or better in S22 except in bright sunlight the images are washed out in S22 while the S20 handles the same sunlight situation with ease. Everything is in the auto mode. S20 has the Auto HDR on while as everyone knows by now S22 does not have the HDR control anymore. Its almost like HDR is not kicking in.

What the heck Samsung - how do you manage to go backwards in camera technology ?

I do have the latest June 2022 update in both the phones.

I do not want to use the pro mode or expert raw. I have a sony camera if I need to do all that.

Ashish

3 Replies
dpickett_18
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you tried turning "scene optimizer" on or off to see if that helps?
0 Likes
userVOJPT1e8Wt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hi, yes I have tried it. It does not help. Touching the face that has the bright sunlight on it also does not help. The problem is S20 can handle the exact same situation just fine. I will post pics soon to make my point.
0 Likes
userKFtyDmdUXi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I came to post the same thing. I was out today doing a couple shots and I do t see the HDR icon that usually appears in a Sunny situation. I also had some blown highlights. I have the s22 ultra
0 Likes