JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Magnetic secure transmission

(Topic created: 06-11-2022 08:52 AM)
userkDTpG7kD8J
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Does the galaxy s22 have magnetic secure transmission? I read one article that says they wont be available on phones after the s21.。。。

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@userkDTpG7kD8J No the S22 does not have MST. The last S model with MST was the S20 series. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
S22 series does not have MST. The S21 didn't have MST in the US either. I'm pretty sure it was the S9 or S10 series that was the last North American model that came with MST. I can't believe Samsung did away with that feature, it was actually the driving factor in me buying my first Samsung smartphone, Galaxy S8+. It's a fantastic feature that was uniquely Samsung and was extremely handy. I can't think of a good reason why they dropped the feature but alas it's gone.
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I understand that the patent expired or the contract with the originators. Maybe the originators wanted more money or something but...MST was the BEST method of payment, that's why I keep my watch S3 Frontier, looks great and for the MST.
Options
Galaxy S22
I had the S3 Frontier for the longest time and for the same reason but it eventually just became too sluggish and slow to enjoy using. I just upgraded to the Galaxy Watch 4 classic a few months ago when I bought my S22 Ultra and despite having no MST, it's night+day how much more snappier and usable the Watch 4 is. I actually refuse to throw away my old S9+ because of the MST, I keep it in my car just in case one day I forget my wallet I can use Samsung pay+MST with my S9+.
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@userkDTpG7kD8J No the S22 does not have MST. The last S model with MST was the S20 series. 

PeninaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I miss that feature.
I had a ball blowing cashier's minds with it.
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
That's the best part 😂😂😂😂😂