Original topic:

"Android.process.acore keeps stopping"

(Topic created: 04-15-2024 10:17 AM)
junkyardblues
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I had an Android update today and after my phone (s22) auto restarted afterwards, I keep getting this error pop-up saying "android.process.acore keeps stopping", and now I can no longer make calls or send texts. 

Hoping someone knows a fix.
16 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
was it a security patch or the update to 6.1? who's your carrier? is your phone unlocked or purchased from the carrier?
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
First, I recommend clearing the cache partition on your phone. With the phone turned off, press and hold the Power and Volume up buttons until the Samsung logo appears. In the Recovery menu, use the Volume down key to highlight "Wipe cache partition", then tap Power to select. Confirm by highlighting "Yes" on the next screen and Power again to confirm. From the menu, "Reboot system now" will already be highlighted. Tap power.

If that doesn't work, I noticed others had a similar issue that was related to the Contacts app. Try Settings>Apps>Contacts>Clear cache, then Cache data.
Danilo1981
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
So, i got s22U and since this morning MY google/samsung text DONT work. I tried my wifes Iphone and she can send and receive text. So is this gor android users???
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Try clearing the cache from Google messages and then make sure you update Google Play services and Google carrier services, then reboot your device
Please let me know if this helps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms
0 Likes
Danilo1981
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Tried ALL, non seems to work
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Try clearing the cache and data from Google messages, This will completely reset the app, and it will also restart the RCS provisioning, If this still doesn't work, please try resetting the network settings, if you can make and receive phone calls you Text messages should work,

0 Likes
Danilo1981
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Did messages clear cache, i will restart network. I can call and receive calls, just my messages
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Try clearing the cache and data from messages. you won't lose any text messages or data from messages, By clearing the data from messages, it will reset the Rcs Jibe connection and refresh the application
0 Likes
Danilo1981
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Nope, sorry No luck 😬
0 Likes