Original topic:

"Show Third Party Options" in contacts not working. WhatsApp not showing up

(Topic created: 11-21-2022 02:19 AM)
RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
The Android 13, One UI 5 update is a mess!  The battery life has been horrible since and now WhatsApp info no longer appears in the contact info.

As a extremely frequent WhatsApp user, this is terrible! One of the best things about Android is it's ease and integration. Unlike the iPhone, where the user doesn't see WhatsApp in a contact resulting in having to do EVERYTHING in WhatsApp (probably a reason why it's so hard to get iPhone users to use it) now The Samsung experience is equally horrible!

Why would Samsung break this? If it's unintentional, why would this not be fixed in a beta before a mandatory over the air update?

Bottom line, Samsung needs to hurry and fix this immediately!
5 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you try deleting the whatspp info for a contact and then re adding?
0 Likes
RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I uninstalled WhatsApp and reinstalled it. No change
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
No. I mean under the contact in Phone or Contacts app. You have the whatsapp info for a contact, hope this is what you're talking about.
I was just spit balling...and thought maybe if you delete that info there and then re add it, it might show up again.
0 Likes
RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
There was never a separate field to add WhatsApp, it just appeared automatically. Thank you for trying to help.

EDIT. I now see where that can be added under "messenger account" under more. This is ridiculous though that it went away when they were already there. For a person like me with over 5000 contacts, this is not good!

Samsung needs to do better when making changes to a system we are already using.
0 Likes
WILLIE1104
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes
0 Likes