Original topic:

"internet not available" on wifi since One UI 5 updte

(Topic created: 11-20-2022 01:40 PM)
Middcore
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My wife and I both have S22's. We both installed the new One UI update within the past day. Now wifi connectivity is broken. Some networks are fine; others, including our home wifi network, no longer have any internet connectivity when the phones are connected to it. They say "'connected without internet."

I have reset all of my wifi hardware. All of the other devices in the house on the wifi (smart TV's, game consoles, laptops, etc) have no problem connecting to the internet on our home wifi. It's only the S22's that fail, and only since this update.

All the results I can find about this problem are from back in March-April, and none of the solutions (turning airplane mode on and off, trying to switch to static IP or Phone MAC versus randomized MAC) work. Samsung has somehow reintroduced this problem in One UI 5.
0 Likes
7 Replies
DaleNet
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I have no issues with my S22 Ultra and WiFi. Have you forgotten the network and retried logging in? Also try going into recovery and clear the system cache and repair apps.
Middcore
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I have repeatedly forgotten the network and reconnected. I have also totally reset the phone to factory stock.
0 Likes
DaleNet
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Not sure then unless the update caused your phone to not like some setting on your WiFi. You said they connect and have internet on other networks but not yours. Have you reset your router to factory and see if this fixes your issue?
0 Likes
Middcore
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Google Fiber is coming tomorrow to completely replace the router, although I don't expect it to do any good.
0 Likes
Middcore
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
The phones connect on SOME other networks, not all. I've been driving around to places with public wifi like Starbucks and McDonald's.
0 Likes
DaleNet
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
You may be surprised. Like I said, mine and my wife's S22 Ultras work fine on WiFi. Good luck.
0 Likes
4fold
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a tablet A,note3,note5,fold3 5g.want to trade them in for a fold 4
0 Likes