Original topic:

120hz goes to 60hz with hdmi cable plugged in

(Topic created: 11-28-2023 10:45 AM)
disgusking
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

So, I stream mobile games with a capture card. To do so, I use a hdmi type c adapter to hdmi and power source. The moment i plug in the hdmi cable wich is rated to run 120hz caps my fps to 60. What settings and I not turning on or off to allow to be able to keep 120hz on my phone while being plugged into a hdmi cable?

6 Replies
Matthew904
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Of course not. You think you'll maintain 120hz while gaming, capturing, and sending audio and video to another device? This isn't a pc bro it's a phone and a high end phone but still like realistically yes that's alot all at once.
disgusking
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Well that's where you're wrong. Oneplus has the capability of doing so. Just not the s23 sadly. A streamer I know uses the oneplus and showed me live he is running 90fps cause he didn't like the 120fps. Probably for the same reason u said it's not a pc.
Matthew904
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
So be it. I'm sure he's got a beautiful device
0 Likes
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
And we know all streamers are not lying.

With the Oneplus it's pretty easy to say it's doing a certain thing at a certain whatever value, but being made in China makes me skeptical its actually true. Maybe it's actually doing whatever the thing is supposed to, but how clean is it quality wise?

Off topic so my apology, but in the amateur radio world, cheap Chinese radios have unacceptable levels of spurious noise which would cause other manufacturers to toss the defective radio into the trash. Tolerance levels on electronics in their radios are terrible. Just an example.
0 Likes
disgusking
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Its not that just because he said. He showed me. While I can run 120hz in my mobile game not connected to the pc through capture card the moment i do plug it in im limited to 60hz. He uses the Oneplus or whatever is close to that name and he showed me clearly hes able to run 120fps in game while being connected to his capture card. 

0 Likes
GamingZoneAlb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Alot of people having same problem with samsung devices . I use tab s8 ultra and s9 ultra and note 20 ultra all three of them have same problem when u try to transfer audio and video to pc thru hdmi  for streaming the device goes automatically 30fps :locked:

Its my first time commenting here after i read alot about this issue and found no solution

But i have 1 for u 

Buy ezcap 320 gamedock ultr

(aluminium version)

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrqKAO0

And it wont affect your device fps

I use ezcap gamedock ultra to stream my pubg  mobile game from my pc and still play the game at 90fps in my tab a8 ultra

Any other method will lock your Samsung fps at 30 

0 Likes