Original topic:

AOD doesn't turn off in pocket, finger print always alerts while in pocket and this is annoying in pocket

(Topic created: 03-27-2024 02:05 AM)
Yash_k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi All,

My phone always vibrates in pocket due to wrong finger print entered, AOD doesn't turned off,

this option "auto" for AOD : Display turns off in pocket or dark places is only available in samsung s24.

requesting someone please give me a solution. Thank you.

5 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
On my S23+ this setting is under Settings > Display > Accidental touch protection. (I had trouble finding it too.)1711537746715.jpg
Yash_k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you Popsicle20,

After enabling the above "Accidental touch protection" still it is same AOD doesn't turnoff display.

for temporary, I disabled double tap on feature and it somewhat better now.

Maybe this is a wrong understanding by samsung and they overlooked this.

hope samsung would see this comment and give us a software update.

realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23

Another solution would just be to turn of AOD.  If they say the auto turn off in pocket is only available on certain phones (S24) and you have a phone that it is not enabled on, it's not an overlook, it's an intentional design. If they put all the advanced features of the high-end phones on the lower end phones, why would anyone buy the high-end ones?  

This is why it's important to compare features of phones before you buy, it's the only way to determine what features you NEED to have vs. what features you WANT to have.

0 Likes
Yash_k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your solution,

But s23 series is not a low end phone

And s24 is released this year.

So as per your words s24 will become low end next year. In this case why do we need software updates for low end phones.

Expectation is not a big think. When it is not overlooked tell me why accidental touch is not working in pocket.

Also please share your solution to someone high profiled board members in samsung because still s23 phones especially low end phones are sold in market.

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23

S23 is lower end than S24, not low end such as the A series. The S24, being newer, they may have decided to add that particular feature. Perhaps as an inducement to get people to trade up? Like most products of any kind, at a certain level, improvements are minor while keeping the same basic features in order to keep consumers buying. There is a certain category of consumer that MUST have the latest new thing, even if the new thing is essentially the same as the old thing.

As for why accidental touch doesn't work in pocket, I cannot answer that, but it may have more to do with repeated touches in succession, which Is why I usually recommend turning off double tap (if on) as well.

There's also the option of getting a phone case with a cover, although I know men don't go for that since it's bulkier in the pocket.

And, yes, the S24 will become lower end than the model that succeeds it. It will still be high end, just not as "improved" as the next version.

0 Likes