Original topic:

AOD theme brightness

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
SNew
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have a samsung S23. I recently downloaded an AOD theme for my lockscreen and it's so dark I can barely see it. I have tried everything to brighten the cool animated picture but I can't figure it out. Sometime using my fingerprint for a split second before unlocking my screen it will brighten. Anyone have any advice?
10 Replies
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Can you test try another AOD that's free in the themes store to rule out whether it's the aod or your phone. That's what I would do. My screen gets brighter when doing a fingerprint verification. Yeah, I have a54, though.
0 Likes
SaltyLettuce
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I mean, it might be the display automatically adjusting because mine does brighten too when I sign in. I have a S20 5G though. But for the AOD, it's probably just a dim theme.
0 Likes
SNew
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah I just tried on a few. I even tried doing it with or without the clock. Same result..uhhh
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
They will have to fix that.. I just downloaded a aod and it's so boring lol and dim
0 Likes
SaveFerris23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Download the Samsung Lockstar App. (Not available in all countries). Upon opening, you'll see the option to adjust AOD brightness.
0 Likes
Mooseegg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Tried that, isn't user friendly, not sure how to make it work. Loaded goodlock and lockstar. Gave up on that
0 Likes
SaveFerris23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
This can all be done on the first screen you encounter upon opening Lockstar.
1) Enable Lockstar
2)Disable Auto Brightness
3) Adjust brightness slider to whatever suits you.
All from the first screen when opening the app.
0 Likes
SNew
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Can someone show me what the Lockstar app logo looks like so I can download the correct one?
0 Likes
Kaycaitt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
GoodLock must be installed first from Galaxy Store. Then under "Make Up" you want to install Lockstar (in my screenshot the 2nd item). Then once installed and selected, there's a slider at the bottom to adjust AOD brightness. It's so annoying that other apps need to be installed to use a feature that's always been available to us.1720628548750_1720628548742_0.jpg
0 Likes