JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Audio quality

(Topic created: 04-07-2023 09:13 AM)
userMliC4okx4N
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung S23 Ultra and plus audio quality is bad while playing music in YouTube. Rich bass or treble? Hope Samsung releases a fix to fine tune the audio quality.
7 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm experiencing the opposite
0 Likes
dja2k
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
No problem here with audio, sounds great 👍
0 Likes
userSPIU0LfdUq
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Speaker has no bass, a Samsung trait, but wired earbuds are excellent. Recommend a good DAC adapter for audiophile quality through USB Player Pro App streaming Tidal 'Masters'. The bomb y'all. Look for say, Audioquest or iBasso USB DAC. You won't care about silly speaker.
0 Likes
JimboSlim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

The Samsung S23 plus may have an audio driver bug.

When I connect it to my Schiit Modi DAC, via USB-C or OTG cable, and try to stream music or videos, it will initially play fine, but within about 20 minutes, the audio will randomly sound distorted, metallic and tinny. This will last around 15 seconds or so, and there's nothing I can do to make it stop. Eventually, the stream sounds fine again. But this will happen again and again, randomly, several times per hour.

When it's happening, I've tried streaming through a different app, but it makes no difference. For those 15 seconds or so, the audio will sound distorted regardless of the music or video, e.g., Youtube Music, Amazon Music, Amazon Video, HBO Max...

My older Samsung S20 didn't have any of these problems, when streaming audio or video with my Modi DAC. It's only the S23 with problems.

Interestingly, the S23 works fine with my CX-Pro dongle DAC. And my MacBook also has zero issues with the Modi.

But the S23's audio is just a glitchy mess.

Is anyone else having audio issues with the S23 when using an external DAC?

Marcelo Soares
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi,

I have a samsung 23 plus and I think this device has an audio bug. Many times, I put my ear in the default  speaker to listen audios received by whatsapp (like a call) and when I turn up the volume, the cellphone doesn't turn up the volume of the "call mode", instead of, this turn up the volume of the media. So, later, when I play a whatsapp audio again, the volume is high and and it hurts my ear.

To reproduce you just need to play a whatsapp sound, put your ear to listen the sound with the speaker used to normal calls and try to change the volume.

Mothman187
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
The s23plus has the worst sound I've heard on a phone in years.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, We understand how frustrating audio concerns are. This article should help to resolve those concerns. https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-fix-audio-and-microphone-issues-on-your-gal...

If these steps do not improve the audio quality, we recommend having the phone evaluated by an authorized service technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html