JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery drain since last few updates?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
eo32
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Is anyone having a battery drain issue since the last few updates? My phone has been unexpectedly draining I have checked everything including the diagnostics so the battery is fine. I'm not running any games or anything crazy. I'm not going to contact samsung support since there there the reason my Samsung care got canceled on both watch and phone and won't do anything to help with anything or anybody. If this is a physical issue I might be forced to switch to Apple because of there brainless support.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CyberTech
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S23
Try wiping cache partition by turning your phone off. Use power button and volume up button. It should take you to android recovery screen and use the volume buttons to select wipe cache partition and then push the power button it should clear cache and scroll to the top with the volume buttons and push the power button that says restart. Hope this helps!

View solution in context

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
It is likely that your phone needs to relearn your usage patterns. I remember when I first bought my Samsung Galaxy S22 + that it was awful. Battery was draining really fast then. After a few weeks. It dramatically improved!

It is highly likely that there is either a bug. Or Google made major changes to the Android Kernel related to Power Consumption. Which is why you are seeing the issue.

I'd further go to state that (since I'm old school) that it would be beneficial to backup your data and perform a factory reset on your device. Restore your device, and let the Alogorythm relearn your usage patterns. You should be patient.

This should resolve your battery issues. Thank you for using Samsung Member's App!
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
Please be assured that you are among many others that are experiencing this issue on your device. It appears that this is widespread and is affecting multiple models of Samsung's devices.
MrPazwel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Remember every app on your home page or extra pages may possibly run in the back ground, turn down your brightness when in doors, clear your notifications bar of clutter, if you have apps that you don't use often and don't want to Uninstall put them to sleep or disable until needed. That's a start it also wouldn't hurt to clear caches of less used apps, and to down load your photos either to you laptop or your external hard drive to clear up functionality that is used from internal storage, and face the fact the battery life is not the best bit if you talk alot you need a fast charger that will get you on your feet quickly, hope that helped
0 Likes
Solution
CyberTech
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S23
Try wiping cache partition by turning your phone off. Use power button and volume up button. It should take you to android recovery screen and use the volume buttons to select wipe cache partition and then push the power button it should clear cache and scroll to the top with the volume buttons and push the power button that says restart. Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
Excellent suggestion! I should have suggested that.
0 Likes
CyberTech
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks.!
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
You can try wiping The Cache Partition on your device. Here are the instructions on how to do so:

1. Turn off your Galaxy S23 completely.

2. Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power button at the same time.

3. Keep holding until you see the Android recovery menu appear.

4. Use the Volume down button to highlight “Wipe cache partition”.

5. Press the Power button to select it.

6. You will see a confirmation message, select Yes to confirm.

Your S23 will reboot and the cache partition is now wiped.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's App!

***Please NOTE: Pay attention to the selection you make on the screen. Picking the wrong one will and could delete all of your data***

This method will also work for other Samsung Devices experiencing the same issue. Use Caution!
Members_Nmq8x6F
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Having the same issue.  I tried wipping the cache but no luck. I go out fir a bike ride with 100% and phone goes good dead in 4 hours when phone says I have 16 plus hours available. So darn frustrating.  Wasn't doing this before the latest update. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
FWIW, I'm on A14 beta 9 and not really experiencing any abnormal battery drain.
0 Likes