Original topic:

Calls break up after 15 minutes

(Topic created: 12-01-2023 10:55 AM)
Galaxyuser_7696
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My new S23 is clear on calls for the first 15 minutes or so, but then it sounds like the other person is breaking up.   It has happened with 3 different people on the other end, so I know its my new phone.  If i end call and call back, its clear for about 1 minute and then starts cutting out again.  Any thoughts on what's wrong?

0 Likes
14 Replies
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you using WiFi calling or mobile network? Are THEY using WiFi or mobile network? A lot of things can affect call quality but knowing these factors may help isolate the problem.
Galaxyuser_7696
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

At least two of the cases both parties were using Verizon mobile network. 

0 Likes
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I understand that is their carrier. But do you know if they were using WiFi calling.
userCLt79fM7AS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
that's probably the problem, verizon has horrible coverage.
0 Likes
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
And you are on WiFi?
Galaxyuser_7696
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Both myself and the other callers were using mobile network,  not WiFi calling.  

0 Likes
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
If that's the case you'd likely need to troubleshoot through your mobile carrier.
Galaxyuser_7696
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Any thoughts about what could be causing the issue though?

0 Likes
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I've never known a handset/software to be the cause. Most likely a signal/carrier problem. When it's happening if you both could check your signal I would alnost guarantee it's weak for one of you. In my house, I have amazing signal in the front but it's weaker (1-2 bars) in the back. - Occasionally in the back people say I sound choppy or the line sounds "static"y. In my mom's house we have discovered if she turns her head the wrong direction or runs the microwave while on the phone it affects call quality.