Original topic:

Camera Gallery

(Topic created: 02-14-2023 08:31 AM)
userV0IJ8gZYjD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a new S23 Ultra. In the camera app, after a picture is taken when I press the quick view icon to view my photo in gallery I get the following error "unable to find an application to perform this action"

To the best of my knowledge all, the apps are stock. I have not installed any other camera or gallery app. 

I have tried resetting the camera app, clearing camera app data, rebooting the phone but I still get the same error.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
If the above doesn't work, try a factory reset.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Can you view the photo when you go into the gallery app?
0 Likes
userV0IJ8gZYjD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for the reply Oxford. I can view the photo when I use Google Photo app on the phone. There is no Gallery app installed. When I try to install the Samsung Gallery app in Play Store, it is listed as "not available for this device".

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Download it from the Galaxy Store, not Play Store.

Usually Samsung phones come with the gallery app preinstalled. Look in the Samsung folder on your apps drawer screen. You can also search for it in the app drawer at the top.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
If the above doesn't work, try a factory reset.
userV0IJ8gZYjD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes, I will probably try the factory reset. I was posting this to see if anyone else was having the problem with the new Galaxy S23. 

0 Likes
userV0IJ8gZYjD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for the help.

The app is not on my phone. When I go to the Galaxy Store this is what I get when I search for the Gallery app.

userV0IJ8gZYjD_2-1676465870804.png

The SM-N975SU is my old Note-10. The SM-918U1 is the new Galaxy S23. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
How odd
0 Likes
userV0IJ8gZYjD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Solved!
A factory reset solved the problem.
After doing, some testing the problem appeared to be with the Galaxy Store app. When I first got the new Galaxy S23 one of the steps was to transfer “settings and apps”. Transferring the settings and apps broke the Galaxy Store app (and any other Galaxy default apps).
Solution:
After factory reset. I choose not to transfer any apps or setting. Finished the setup and everything is working.

Big thanks to: Oxford and gabe80million for your replies and help.

Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, not sure why, but Samsung and Google have bad transfer code
0 Likes