Original topic:

Can I still use my S23 Ultra with a non-Samsung TV?

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 08:35 PM)
Carmie4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Bought a used TV that was Samsung but it's not. Can I still use whatever is on Samsung phones that control other devices this being a Smart TV, it's not a Samsung. It's just a generic name Vizio

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey there.

Your post is a bit confusing but from what I can understand, you bought a TV thinking it was a Samsung TV but it turned out to be a Vizio TV instead?

If so, the answer to your question kind of depends on which model of TV you have. You'd be able to control media such as Spotify apps and maybe even YouTube but as far as using Samsung Smart Things to control the TV, you will not be able to.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
Carmie4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm sorry I should have been more clear but you are correct I bought a used TV thinking it was the brand Samsung but it is not. It is a Vizio brand it's called. I have Google and Samsung account on my Galaxy s23 Ultra. To watch as many movies and shows as possible should I use Samsung TV app or Google TV app or both?, from my phone to control the tv.🙂
0 Likes