Original topic:

Can't Install Game

(Topic created: 11-13-2023 04:22 PM)
TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello,

I am totally new to cell phones. I got my wife and S23+ and she would like to play some games on it. I managed to load Solitaire but every other game we try to install won't install. 

The ad picture will come up and have a button that says click to install, but nothing happens. I've even gone to Samsung and Google's play stores and from there I can't get anything to install.

What am I missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you. Everybody.  Following your advise above, she is now playing a few games and is liking it.

I guess this can be flagged as Solved 🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes
23 Replies
Lin Jiayi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Your phone does not have the "Unknown Sources" setting turned on, resulting in the inability to install games from unofficial stores. You can check the box in your phone's Settings - Security - Unknown Sources to allow the installation of games from third-party sources.

0 Likes
TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I am really leery about Unknown Sources; heck, I don't even know what kind of antivirus / malware protection this phone has or not.

Options
Galaxy S23
You may need to perform a factory reset, but wait until one of the members in the screenshot can advise you .
Screenshot_20231117_195722_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried setting up the gaming hub on your wife's phone? It's a Samsung app. I don't download apps from unknown sources, but that's a personal choice, and I highly recommend you research installing apps from an unknown source before you grant that permission.
0 Likes
TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

No, I have set app any gaming hubs. If that will help. I will certainly give it a try.

0 Likes
TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes, finally setup Gaming Hub and she's exploring it...  Thanks.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you create a Samsung account? You need a Samsung account to access the Galaxy store.
0 Likes
TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm not sure... it has been crazy around here...   I set up a Samsung account to be here but it's on my desktop computer. Do I need a separate Samsung account on or for the phone?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@TwoRails You only need one Samsung account. I would recommend another one for your wife but that is up to you. 

If you don't already have a Samsung account on your phone, you can add the one you created on your computer to the phone. You would do that in phone settings -> Accounts and backup -> Manage accounts. Click the Add account at the bottom of the page.