Original topic:

Can't find Samsung PDF Viewer Anymore

(Topic created: 04-12-2024 11:51 PM)
CALEB_LOPEZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Does anyone know why when I want to view a pdf the Samsung pdf viewer app doesn't appear and I don't see it in store or anywhere on my phone anymore after latest update?
0 Likes
15 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
I think it's integrated into Samsung Notes.
CALEB_LOPEZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Well when I download a pdf file and it asks me which app I want to open with I selected samsung notes and it didn't open it used to appear there as samsung pdf and now it doesn't. I also have the s21 and it still works on that phone only difference in software is he one ui 6.1 compared to 6.0 on my s21
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Here is screenshot on S21U with One UI 6.0. PDF reader is still Samsung Notes app.

If you can't open pdf on your S23 (One UI 6.1) using S Notes, maybe update the app or clear cache. Maybe try opening the file with Google Drive or OneDrive. I also can open pdf using S Notes on S23U.1713013258285.jpg
0 Likes
CALEB_LOPEZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
That's different that what I see on my s21 look at my screen shot that's from my s21 just now and on my s23 ultra that doesn't appear anymore1713013663952.jpg
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't think it's gone. I think Samsung decided to show only one Samsung Notes app on One UI 6.1 instead of two options shown in One UI 6.0.

Here is the screenshot on my S23U. If I tap on S Notes to read pdf, it works perfectly fine even though it doesn't say pdf reader.1713013943998.jpg
0 Likes
CALEB_LOPEZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
That's crazy because when I do select samsung notes on the s23 it gives me a error I'll attach a Screenshot later I have it off because it died and it's charging
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Does the error happen when reading any pdf? That's strange.
0 Likes
CALEB_LOPEZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Well any that I have downloaded and it asks me to select which app and once I select samsung notes gives me an error and doesn't open it.
0 Likes
CALEB_LOPEZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I mean I can open it with Adobe but I liked using the Samsung app and it's strange to me that it's gone all of a sudden.
0 Likes