JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't open camera app "Camera fail"

(Topic created: 09-04-2023 09:41 PM)
JuneBuggy57
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

When I try to open my camera app it says camera fail.....just started after it had an update. I clear cache and restart but nothing changed any suggestions?? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Try clearing the Camera data instead of the cache. This will effectively reset the Camera app. If that doesn't work, kindly power off your device. Press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Repair apps and then power to select and confirm if necessary. This will reindex all apps on your phone.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Try clearing the Camera data instead of the cache. This will effectively reset the Camera app. If that doesn't work, kindly power off your device. Press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Repair apps and then power to select and confirm if necessary. This will reindex all apps on your phone.
JuneBuggy57
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
ok I'll try now thnx
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Kindly update here if that fixed it!
JuneBuggy57
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I got rid of the data but that didnt do anything so I repaired the apps instead and I can use my camera again! Thank u are amazing! 😍
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
No worries! 😅 It's my pleasure to help others! I'm glad you get to use your camera again! If you felt like I resolved your concern, kindly mark this topic as solved (three dots, accept as solution) by my original post. This way, the information will stay active in the Community to assist other Members who might also run into this kind of problem after a system update!
Towonda
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Cant open phone n have not sinnce i bought it
0 Likes