Original topic:

Charging issues

(Topic created: 04-17-2024 12:57 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Here we go with yet another problem, plugged in my BRAND NEW charger and my phone is acting like it's constantly being unplugged and plugged back in. I had zero issues last night and this morning but as I'm getting ready for bed I plug it in and here comes the issue. Phone diagnostics don't detect anything of course 🙄
4 Replies
AuntieNay24
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Got New Samsung Galaxy phone and cord included and Charger wall unit provided separately still getting hot
0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Good evening @Lilith66,

I'm sorry to hear you're having charging issues with tue nee charger that you just bought.

There are 3 possibilities that I can think of the problem being.

The first: and the most obvious to rule out, making sure your charger is a Samsung charger or a Samsung licensed charger.

The second possibility: Is your USB port properly working? There may either be debris from your pickets etc. That could have got caught in there. You'd actually be surprised how much lint gets trapped in there over time so clearing it would also rule out this potential possibility.

Last: It may be a battery issue even if you've attempted to diagnose your phone there could be an issue with the battery.

You could take your phone to a Samsung authorized repair center to diagnose the issue.

I hope this helps narrow down the answer.
Options
Galaxy S23
There are just floods of reports regarding charging and battery life on the S23 Ultra on 6.1
Unfortunately there isn't a concrete solution yet. Neither my S23U or S24U are having any issues on 6.1 so I can't speak to it but I have noticed that the Samsung branded charges deliver the absolute minimum wattage possible. I assume this is for battery longevity but sometimes you just need a fast charge and I've noticed a huge difference using standalone voltage and amperage measuring devices when using a few different Samsung 45 watt official chargers and cables then using a third party but well known and trusted gan charger that puts out 67 Watts and it's included six amp cable will charge my phone significantly faster than any of the Samsung branded chargers. Yeah, everyone's going to recommend to never use anything but a Samsung official charger but the people saying that are usually ambassadors or closely related to a similar position. Samsung phones use power delivery as their charging standard for wired charging, therefore any USBC 3.0 on the S23 or 3.1 on the S24 Ultra will charge the phone at full speed and you'll experience no issue any worse than the official charger gives you. They are cheap enough that it's not breaking the bank to give it a try just remember it must be power delivery and rated for USB 3.0 at the minimum but I recommend just going 3.1 to future proof the charger if you ever upgrade. The price difference is negligible anyway.
jbruski
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
It's the 14 model I bet ! They suck! Had no problems with my 13
0 Likes