Original topic:

Clear Cache missing from My Files

(Topic created: 06-06-2024 03:14 PM)
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23

Why did you remove CLEAR CACHE from MY FILES??? THERE IS NO OTHER WAY THAT I KNOW OF TO CLEAR CACHE WITH 1 BUTTON FOR EVERYTHING WITH A CACHE.

12 Replies
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

If you wanna clear cache from your device, you can do it from Recovery Mode after you power off your device, when turning the phone back on while holding the power button and volume up to bring up recovery mode, then just select Wipe Cache Partition and you basically have clean out any junk files. You can restart the phone normally after that.

JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23

Great, another mountain to climb after an update! Why did they  cut out the clear cache that was sooooo easy to do? I wonder. Thank you for that, though. It's far better than having to go through a 100+ apps individually and clear!

0 Likes
JRMartinez
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Files, hit 3 bars, clean junk files.....
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you, but that's not what I'm after. Cache is not junk. That's a different item
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Thats recent files, not junk files
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I haven't done your suggestion yet. I remember that old like DOS menu from years ago- I actually forgot about that, only it always worried me that I was gonna screw something up.. lol

Got the bookmark thing, lol
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Clear cache under my files? When did my files have that option?
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
About like 2 weeks ago is when I noticed it was GONE, and I used it fairly frequently, so it had to have been gone during last update about 4 weeks ago. Crazy thing is I un-installed the last update, and that didn't bring back the "clear cache" line. So who knows.

Also, I noticed that the clear cache line showed intermittently and I surmised that it ONLY showed itself when there must've been "enough of a cache to delete." Which I thought was weired because we should have the ability to clear our own cache at will, not when they think it's ready. Geesh- too much control they have over us, which is why coders write workarounds. Boy, I wish I was one of those guys (girls), though I'm not a girl- just being fair)
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Okay, well, I've done this drill and I just can't believe it! Well change that, I can believe it with Samsung- that screen that popped up is sooooo dark I could barely see it! Most of what I could make out was in Japanese, which I don't read and understand! Next, there was this big DOWNLOADING arrow :down_arrow: and text saying "DON'T UNPLUG USB WHILE DOWNLOADING..." I'm like DOWNLOADING? Downloading what? Did I just ruin my phone- how do I stop this! I'm pushing the SIDE KEY (ON/OFF) - NOTHING! I'm **bleep**g out! THEN I SEE IN SMALL, DIMLY LIT LETTERS, "VOLUME 'UP, DOWN I DON'T REMEMBER WHICH, TO STOP!

Long and short- I have no idea HOW TO CLEAR CACHE! THIS FORMAT YOU SUGGEST DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK THE WAY THIS TRICK HAD WORKED IN THE PAST TOO CLEAR "PARTITION " CAN WE GO AT THIS AGAIN?
0 Likes