JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android auto not working with new Ultra S 23 phone

(Topic created: 03-29-2023 04:27 PM)
userFg1Jk588Ku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
When I connect this new phone to my car it doesn't recognize andriod auto. When using the ultra s20 it works. This is in a 2021 audi q5
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi! 

If you are experiencing connection problems with wireless Android Auto, there are several things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart your phone and car: Sometimes, restarting both your phone and your car's infotainment system can help to resolve connectivity issues.

2. Check your Bluetooth settings: Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on and that your phone is paired with your car's infotainment system. If your phone is paired, try unpairing it and then re-pairing it again.

3. Check for Android Auto app updates: Occasionally, app updates can resolve connectivity issues. Check for any available updates to the Android Auto app and install them if necessary.

4. Clear app data and cache: Try clearing the app data and cache for the Android Auto app. This can help to resolve any app-related issues that may be causing the connectivity problems.

5. Check for phone updates: Make sure that your phone is running the latest version of Android. If there are any available updates, install them and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there is a hardware problem with either your phone or your car's infotainment system. In that case, you may need to contact the manufacturer or take the car to a dealership or service center to have it inspected.

0 Likes
Veggietech
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I usually have to reset the car system to factory settings while the phone is off. Then turn the phone back on unconnected. Turn on blue tooth and wait for the phone to connect then plug it in the USB cable
0 Likes
MaxField
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Simply wait for another software update for the Samsung S23 ultra. The update is going to fix the issue.

In the meantime, you have to continue with what you are doing.

Prevention Is Better Than Cure
0 Likes
userZIiKGdykNs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
My Android Auto isn't working on my ultra phone. 
Galaxy07Stanley
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
same here
0 Likes
userHv8OfQegje
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey everyone,

So I was also in this same boat and even posted a thread on here about the same issue. New S23 Ultra and 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. AA not connecting, but I kept reading and it seemed like it was coming back to the cable. So I did some digging and turns out the S23ULTRA is funny about the cable you use for AA. So I saw that a high data transfer cable may be the answer. So I bought this one

- USB A to USB C 3.1/3.2 Gen 2 Cable 10Gbps Data Transfer, Short USB C SSD Cable with 60W QC 3.0 Fast Charging, Spare Cable for Samsung T7, SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD, Crucial X8, WD, and More - 0.5FT https://a.co/d/ezfDklK

I had also reset the storage and cache and cleared the updates and reinstalled them. I tried my Samsung plug (with an adapter) nothing....I tried the plug I bought from Amazon and I screamed in joy as Android Auto popped up immediately and after the quick setup l, it was running amazing (Coolwalk version). Now if you have a dongle to make your AA wireless (I have AAWireless dongle), you will need to use the same high data transfer cable...(trust me, I thought I was going to cry again, but then tested it with the new cable and I am in business). So give this 9.00 cable a try and see if it works. I assume the Samsung cable doesn't work because it is USBC to USBC and adding the adapter messes up the data transfer. 
Zsoltk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello!

It is good to read that, but it is strange for me that i never saw this hints before. Only one question , what is not totally clear for me. So if i am understand correctly, your car has an USB A port? So you can use this amazon cable without any plug?

Because i have an Volkswagen Golf mk 8 (2022) which has an USB C port and it is not working together with my samsung S22. I tried S23 and S23 Ultra with same issue, but Fold 4 (or older samsung phones) working without issue. I think FOLD 4 has USB C 2.0 instead of 3.1/3.2/3.5. 

But i am not sure that i have to buy an usb A - usb C Gen 2 Cable and use an USB  A -USB C adapter (as Gold has TYPE C plug) or i have to buy Gen 2 Cable which is USB C-USB C?

But the original usb c-usb c cable wich comes from s23/s23 ultra is not an Gen 2 cable...? so i am not sure that this will helps me. Can you or someone help me? Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
userHv8OfQegje
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey there, so you may want to try either one of these:
NIMASO USB C to USB C 3.1 Gen 2 Cable 10Gbps Data Transfer, 4K Video Output Monitor Cable 100W PD Fast Charging Compatible with Thunderbolt 3, MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, Galaxy S21, Google Pixel - 3.3FT https://a.co/d/dyhjErs

LDLrui USB C 3.2 Gen 2x2 Cables to Type C 20Gbps Super High-Speed Data Sync [1FT, 2Pack] 5A/100W PD 4K UHD Video Output Cord Compatible with Thunderbolt 3/4 for MacBook iPad Galaxy Pixel Monitor https://a.co/d/hWdWzlI

And see if they will work for you.
0 Likes
Mike315
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm having trouble getting audio from my new S23 phone to play thru my JVC radio car stereo using a USB cable connected to both the phone and the stereo USB port. 
I'm not getting any sound. 
Any suggestions? 
My old S8 phone had no trouble connecting, but of course it had a 3.5 mm dia port connection that could connect to the 3.5 mm port on the stereo. 
0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
When you have it plugged in, have you tried to look for a USB notification and tried changing how it responds to being plugged into that port?
0 Likes