Original topic:

Disable "Increase Image Resolution" Popup

(Topic created: 04-05-2024 06:17 PM)
Javalotl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

How do I disable this annoying popup. It shows up EVERY time I save an edit to a photo. I do not want to increase the resolution EVER. It's completely pointless to have it set up this way.

1000058747.jpg

7 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
To the best of my knowledge, it isn't possible to disable this pop-up inside the native Gallery app. It shouldn't be happening for every edit though. Are you trying to crop a large portion of the photo?
0 Likes
Javalotl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Nope, even the smallest pixel cropped off will cause it to pop up.

Javalotl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Version 3.4.21.27

0 Likes
Javalotl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Nope, still happening.

0 Likes
robtmrks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have exactly the same problem. Every single edit, I am forced to say yes to a little scare screen warning me that increasing the image resolution will take up storage of which I have vast quantities empty. I would complain to Samsung, but that's like throwing rocks at a spaceship.

One additional point, actually getting to this screen to leave this message, has taken me 20 minutes. Samsung has thrown not one but two different security screens/games that I have had to solve plus give an account name and ID and password - - The second name and password I have for Samsung because the forum has to have a different one - - just to have the privilege of coming to a forum that Samsung pays no attention to and is staffed entirely with volunteers. Like, I understand they don't care in the least, but it seems as though they're purposely inflicting pain and suffering on users for no reason.

Samsung_HaF46RE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

<s> but unless they ask every single time, how will we know that a crappy algorithm can throw out the truth data for an educated guess that they get to call AI Upscaling!<\s>

Clearly I want it gone too.  Damned worthless **bleep**.  This is why I NEVER let it update on my S10 but the price of repairing it recently ended up not far off the price of an S23

mykecall
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

definitely a r/mildlyinfurating moment. Every. Single. Time. Aaaaaah!

0 Likes