Original topic:

Do I Need to be Signed In to my Samsung Account to Use AI?

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 09:44 AM)
Sammix
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

Greetings. My Galaxy S23 Ultra recently received the OneUI 6.1 update with AI.

Do I understand correctly that in order to use any Advanced Intelligence feature, I must sign in to my Samsung account?

Or to put it another way: None of the AI features are available unless I sign in to my Samsung account?

5 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes you need to be signed in to your Samsung account to use most of the AI features

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Sammix
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you. Which AI features, if any, can I use if I do not sign in to my Samsung account? The interface on my phone prevents me from using any AI feature unless I first sign in.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
I just signed out and couldn't use any that is listed. I think you can use circle to search without being signed in1711990590186.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
nightmare_tonic0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I believe you need to sign in to use the AI features on your phone
Sammix
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

The Samsung website is unclear on which features can or cannot be used without signing in to a Samsung account, saying only "If you do not sign into your account or remove the accounts, Galaxy AI features may be limited or unavailable."

It may be that Samsung is still working this out, and in any case, a future update may change things.

One thing I think I can count on: If I don't see the AI button, the feature isn't there.

If it isn't obvious, I prefer not to sign in to my Samsung account on my phone, and am willing to forgo some or all of the AI features in OneUI 6.1.